Clean + Safe Certified
Cleaning Protocols... CDC Guidelines... Packing Tips... Reservation Policies
Your family's safety is our first priority!
Lake Tahoe is an amazing place for the family to come together and make memories that will last a lifetime. We want you to take comfort in knowing that we have been working closely with Placer County, the California Hotel & Lodging Association and the North Lake Tahoe Resort Association to develop and implement the new California Department of Public Health's guidelines, screening measures and CDC cleaning protocols to ensure the safety of both our guests and our staff.
This is what we are doing to keep you safe...
- We have hand sanitizing stations throughout the Vistana Inn property and we request that all guests/team members frequently sanitize their hands while on-site, and when entering/exiting any communal areas.
- There will be limited face-to-face contact between the staff and guests, including new self check-in and touch-free check-out procedures.
- All linens are cleaned via a third party vendor that utilizes state of the art washers and dryers that meet stringent state-mandated cleaning requirements.
- Approved sanitizers will be used on all surfaces between guest stays, and reservations will be staggered to allow for proper cleaning of accommodations.
- Extra attention will be paid to high-touch surfaces in each guest room, including door knobs, remote controls, temperature controls, soap dispensers, etc.
- Staff is asked to maintain safe social distancing measures at work and outside of work.
- Team members will be screened prior to their shifts each day to ensure that they are healthy.
As fellow-humans, we kindly ask...
- If you have symptoms of COVID-19 or if you feel ill, please do not travel. If you do come to North Lake Tahoe to visit and stay with us, please continue to monitor your health while on-site.
- Please practice social distancing measures throughout the 4-acre property, including at the pool and in the parking areas.
- Please do not request items directly from the housekeeping or maintenance staff. They are trained to follow the new safety protocols, and to avoid direct interaction with guests for your and their own safety.
- Please bring your own toys, rafts, beach chairs, board games and books.
- We recommend wearing masks in common areas for your safety and the well-being of our other guests.
- For units with kitchens, please wash your dishes prior to and after eating/cooking. We clean them between guests, but we want you to be extra safe. A new sponge will be provided for each guest.
Changes in our procedures/amenities...
- Extra blankets and pillows, including decorative and throw pillows have been removed from guest rooms.
- Multi-use visitor information, including magazines, local maps and local vendor rack cards have been removed from guest rooms and the office. Click HERE for all the best North Lake Tahoe visitor information.
- Housekeepers will not enter occupied guest rooms, and there will be no daily housekeeping services, or sheet changes during guest stays. Please contact the hotel for any special requests. Requests will be handled individually, and are not guaranteed.
- If room trash needs to be emptied during your stay, please tie off the bag prior to exiting the room and dispose of it in the property dumpster or contact the hotel for more direction. PLEASE do not leave trash outside of your room - we have active wildlife in the North Lake Tahoe area, including bears and coyotes.
- All communal BBQ grills have been moved to the enclosed fire pit area on the lower part of the property. The BBQ grills will be cleaned each morning. There are hand sanitizing stations in the recreation area for your convenience. The BBQ grills are to be used at your discretion and at your own risk.
- Games and books will no longer be available in the Front Office.
- The outdoor hot tub will be closed temporarily.
- The pool will be open and available for guest use, with social distancing practices maintained. There are hand sanitizing stations in multiple locations on the property (including in the pool area), that we encourage our guests and team members to utilize regularly.
- The shared guest amenities, including paddle board and kayak rentals, will be temporarily postponed. *** Tahoe Adventure Company is 1/2 mile from us, and is practicing safe protocols with their professional rental business (contact them directly for more details).
- The communal coffee and tea station, located at the Front Office will be postponed until further notice. ***Pep's Place is located just down the street from us (10 min. walk) - click HERE for Pep's coffee menu.
- Coffee makers will remain in guest rooms, with one packet of coffee for each night of the stay. These will not be replenished, due to the removal of daily housekeeping services, and any extras will be discarded upon your departure (our goal is to limit unnecessary waste). ***Our coffee makers can accept regular coffee filters and coffee grounds if you would like to bring your own. PLEASE do not put coffee grounds down the drain of the sink.
What you should bring with you to Lake Tahoe...
- Re-usable water bottles. We have the BEST drinking water around - it tests higher in quality than most bottled water brands!
- Travel mugs for coffee.
- Playing cards, books, magazines and other reading materials.
- Beach towels and blanket, chairs, toys and rafts.
- Sunscreen, chapstick, sunglasses, hats and appropriate clothing for the local weather.
- Hairdryer, personal toiletries (tooth brush, paste, razor, lotion, etc.).
- Hiking shoes, water shoes/flip flops, sun coverup and a sweater for the evenings. A flashlight or headlamp is always a good idea if you'll be walking around in the evening (light pollution is minimal in the Lake Tahoe area).
- Cooler, food and snacks. Local restaurants are starting to open with the COVID protocols and are overwhelmed. Please help to support them, but be prepared for longer wait times, take-out/curbside options and menu changes. Click HERE for local eateries near us, as well as local activities. Be sure to call ahead, for any changes in operating hours, services/items offered or policies.
- Don't forget your appetite for adventure...there is something for everyone in North Lake Tahoe!
Vistana Inn's COVID-19 policies...
For reservations booked after or adjusted after 6/8/20 and reserved directly through Tahoe Vistana Inn (website or phone) will adhere to the following policies. Please note, that these policies supersede all other policies posted for direct bookings:
CANCELLATION POLICIES/DATE CHANGES:
- 50% of the total stay is due at the time of booking.
- The remainder of the stay is due 7 days prior to the arrival date and time, and will be charged to the credit card used for the initial deposit.
- Reservations reserved within 7 days of the arrival date and time, require payment in full at the time of booking, and are non-refundable.
- ***Please contact us directly and/or include a note on your reservation if you would like to use a different credit card for the remainder that is charged 7 days prior to the arrival date and time.
- ***If the payment method on file is denied and we cannot reach you within 24 hours for an updated payment method, the reservation will be automatically cancelled.
- ***Cash payments are not being accepted at this time.
CANCELLATION POLICIES/DATE CHANGES:
- For reservations cancelled more than 14 days prior to the arrival date and time, the first night's payment is retained and no other charges are incurred.
- For reservations cancelled more than 7 days and within 14 days prior to the arrival date and time, 50% of the total amount of the stay (initial deposit) is retained and no other charges are incurred.
- ***Date changes may be requested more than 7 days prior to the arrival date and time, with no additional fees incurred. The remaining balance of the stay would be due at the time of the date change, the reservation would become non-refundable and the normal cancellation policy would not apply to the new dates (subject to availability, nightly minimums and rate adjustments).
- For reservations cancelled within the 7 days prior to the arrival date and time, the total amount of the stay is retained and no other charges are incurred.
- ***Date changes within the 7 days prior to the arrival date and time, will incur a $35 date change fee. The remaining balance of the stay would be due at the time of the date change (including the date change fee), the reservation would become non-refundable and the normal cancellation policy would not apply to the new dates (subject to availability, nightly minimums and rate adjustments).
- Additional Date Changes: After an initial change as been made, an additional $75 date change fee is incurred. The reservation carries over the non-refundable status, and the additional date change fee would be due at that time.
- No Show Reservations: For a one-night reservation, a "no-show" will result in forfeiture of the total amount of the stay, with no refund. For a multiple-night reservation, a "no-show" in which the reservation is paid in full, the room will be held each night for the guest, with no refunds for unoccupied nights.
- All reservations are to be paid in full prior to arrival, to avoid physical contact, and reservations reserved within 7 days of the arrival date and time require payment in full at the time of booking.
- Cash payments are not being accepted at this time.
- Early arrival and late departure requests are unavailable at this time, due to the required resting time of rooms between reservations and the additional cleaning protocols in place for safety and wellness purposes.
- ***The new cleaning policies and safety measures have increased time between reservations. Adjustment of the reserved days for your stay may not be possible after the initial reservation is made. These changes are subject to availability.
- ***Shortening of the reservation length upon or after arrival will not result in refund of unused nights.
- All third party reservations and bookings (Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, HotelTonight, Hotels.com, etc.) are non-refundable and direct booking policies do not apply to third party reservations.
Help stop the spread of germs by following these helpful guidelines...
Experience your destination...